No matter which course you choose, you can expect English lessons that are taught using modern methods but with the usual care that you would expect from an experienced Waldorf teacher. The lessons are lively, creative and practical. You will experience intensive work on English Grammar as well as the four skills: Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading. Classes are never greater than fourteen students and every effort is made to meet your individual needs.
Artistic & Creative Workshops
Our workshops are a creative and natural way for students to use their English. They are an integral part of the programme. There are two types of workshops:
- Once-off taster workshops
- A series of five or six one-hour sessions, allowing students to develop a new skill. These sessions lead to a presentation of what they have learned at our Final Farewell Evening. Students choose to participate in two different Artistic and Creative Workshops.
Possible Workshops are:
Taster Workshops Series of Workshops
Pizza-making Irish Set Dancing
Art and Nature
A Full Excursion Programme
All of our courses make use of the special setting of Clare English Language School by giving enjoyable experiences of Irish cultural activities, adventure activities, sporting activities and excursions to places of interest. These provide students with the chance to listen and speak English in a natural and informal way.
Activities and Excursions include :
- visiting the spectacular Cliffs of Moher
- Sailing and Wind-Surfing on Lough Derg
- An overnight trip toThe Burren, an area of outstanding natural beauty
- Surfing on waves of the Atlantic Ocean
- visiting the City of Galway
- boating to the Monastic Ruins of Holy Island
- Caving underground in The Burren
- Shopping in Ennis and Limerick
- Walking in the ancient forest of Raheen Wood
- Film Nights – our own private screening
- Ten-Pin Bowling
- Badminton & Basketball
- Pitch & Putt Golf
Host Families are carefully selected and form an important part of the experience that is received. They make sure that students on our courses feel welcome and are well fed! Host Families provide additional opportunities for students to practise their English.